Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Bird House Bar

Birds have been a big part of my life over the last decade. It's not all ghosts and aliens with me. I've had a pet crow for eight years, or she had me as the pet. Her name is Rex. She died in the fall of 2016. I miss her. A new pair took up residence immediately. The pair had been battling Rex for her turf for a few years. I named them Sabrina and Andy.

I've been recording owls in my backyard for over two years now. You know they aren't what they seem.


 While working on the Tesla write ups a pair of pigeons took up residence with me. That was Tesla's bird. Chickadees, Spotted Towhee, Black eyed Junco's, Northern Flickers, and others all are part of my backyard. It's a cat free safe haven for them and all are encouraged to live and play here. Some come back to die here and die in my hand.


I added a hot-tub to my garden so I could soak and look out at the gardens and watch the birds. I'd enjoy a cocktail, beer, or wine--sometimes annoyed when I want another. I'd have to go all the way back into the house. A problem, reaction, solution scenario. My reaction was always the same--SHIT. Get out, towel off, get drink, and back into tub.

Solution:--Build a bar next to the hot-tub. Conditions--MAKE IT FUNKY

This is my creation. Thus far the feedback I've received from neighbors and friends has been real positive. I'm not sure how much more funk I can add to it at this stage. I am going to add a Cuckoo clock because I need a clock there. Probably shop for it today. I added spotlights to it so at night it lights up. A board underneath has this painted on it: WHAT'S YOUR SIGN? One of the two pick up lines I used on my wife. The other was, "Do you come here often." The backdrop was made out of my thirty year old fence that I just knocked down. It needed some height. All the driftwood came from a beach in Moclips Washington. The only thing I actually bought for it was the framing wood. I needed solid wood and some hardware.





View directly across the tub.


I've actually received an order to build one of these. My first customer. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

A roof of some sort will go over the bar. I'm hoping to build something that looks old and reflects the style. This is what I have in mind.


"Make it funky."


No comments:

Post a Comment