Saturday, February 29, 2020

Synchronicity and the hand



Deepak Chopra believes synchronicity is an interactive play with the universe, while psychologist Dr. Kirby Surprise believes that we create 5% of our own reality--creating our own synchronicity. Perhaps both are right. Some unknown being creates 95% confirming Deepak Chopra and then the other 5% is created by our own thought process.

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic--the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence when we think we're alone."--Charles de Lint

"Synchronicity is a wink from the universe with a powerful message behind it."

"Synchronicity is an inexplicable and profoundly meaningful coincidence that stirs the soul."--Phil Cousineau

"Synchronicity is an ever present reality for those who have eyes to see."--Carl Jung

"Synchronicity happens when we align with the flow of the universe rather than insisting the universe flow our way."--Akemi

"If you take a single step forward toward positive change, that divine energy will take a hundred steps toward you. New worlds and unbelievable possibilities will open up for you. The synchronicities that will begin appearing in your life will become a source of delight and amazement."--Joan Z. Borysenko

 Not long after I witnessed the CNN hand I was walking through a Barnes and Noble book store. I was drawn to the discount item section. Suckered in again by the word discount. There's a large table with sides raised up to hold everything in. Inside is books, calendars, games, puzzles, toys all marked down from 50% to 10%. What a waste I thought. Nobody wants any of it not even a book written by Hillary Clinton--It takes a village--$1.99. I notice something odd--something you don't find in book stores; a hand. A hand in a very odd pose.



 The pose looked very familiar to me and I had no problem tracing the pose back to the familiar hand--Christianne Amanpour. My coincidence alarm went off immediately. A major coincidence. I call major coincidences God like.



"Coincidences which were connected so meaningful that their chance concurrence would represent a degree of improbability that would have to be expressed by an astronomical figure."--Carl Jung

I took the hand and and asked several people who worked there if they could tell me what the hand was doing in their store. None of them knew. I asked them what purpose does it have? One guessed that maybe it would hold a book. We tried and it toppled over. We tried a magazine as well with no luck. Was the hand there specifically for me to find? I bought it. It now sits in my office. Is this the 95% interactive play with the universe or did the 5% of me who shapes my own reality have the hand placed where it was, move me to stop at the book store?
The magic of my daily life.


No comments:

Post a Comment