Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Ghost Bar

I built a bar out of ghost wood retrieved on the beach in Moclips Washington. A one of a kind for sure.


I was then commissioned to build another one. It took me a week to build it. My first problem was my client didn't want it attached to the house. She wanted to be able to move it around--grrrrrrr. That requires four posts. I only brought back three. So I made it with only three legs.



 The bottom has a shelf that forms into a triangle while the top is square. My second problem was the main piece for the table top was bent and twisted beyond being able to use. I used it anyway. Using it caused the table to drastically lean to the left, back and to the right. It leans everywhere. There's nothing level, square, parallel or perpendicular to anything on this. But a full drink will not spill. Tested repeatedly. Level indicates the bar is leaning heavily to the right.

Now shown leaning opposite.

It can't make up its mind.

 It looks like it fell out of the sky from 1865.


To compliment the bar I built a birdhouse to hang near it. It's called the H house.

Shown hanging.


My gorgeous wife having a drink before the bar gets delivered.



Theme song for this build-- Once in a lifetime.






No comments:

Post a Comment