Monday, January 6, 2020

In memory of Rex

In January of 2017 my pet crow Rex had been missing since late August of 2016. Her mate disappeared one month earlier and I watched Rex morn. I'd seen her mourn several times throughout our 8 years together. She lost her first mate Chief along with several babies she so bravely fought to keep away from predators. In her mourning she would turn her back to me and cuddle in a ball. I'd sit next to her and silently mourn with her.

 During all of the insanity of paranormal / alien activity that had consumed me since the fall of 2016 there was Rex to worry about. She had never left me longer than a week. Now it had been three months. A crazy idea popped into my head--ask the spirits where she was. Wouldn't they know? I remember telling my  wife that I was going to ask the spirit world to give me coordinates, latitude and longitude numbers. I'd then just drive there and walk the location. Rex would surely fly down to see me. A long shot but I thought I'd try.

The next day I asked. No reply. I then demanded. A somber spirit answered, "We can't give you those coordinates."
"Why?"
"Rex is dead." I cried. The spirit world didn't provide any details of her death. I mourned the loss of my beloved friend.

Rex came to me in a dream. She let me know that she is ok. She told me where she is. There are no predators there. She told me her spirit would always be with me. She told me to look up in her favorite tree and she'd be there. I asked her how she died and she told me she was an old crow. It's believed that crows can live to be 30 years old. I mentioned this to Rex. She said one human year is 3.166 crow years. If we calculate that out over her eight years then she was an old crow. Rex told me she'd send crows to me as a sign that she was still with me. She said she was searching for a very brave crow. She found one.


Here are some pictures of my beautiful friend Rex. I miss her.









No comments:

Post a Comment