Wednesday, December 11, 2019

RUSTIC DOORS

"In the universe there are things that are known and things that are unknown and in between there are doors." --Unknown

In 2019 I found myself bored with my doors. Stamped out, mass produced that anyone can buy at Home Depot or Lowe's so I made a door out of old fence wood.

To my surprise it looked about 1000 times better than any traditional door and it's made out of recycled materials.

Below is the doors I have built this year. Behind these double doors is a washer and dryer. The young lady who I built these for wasn't happy with the ugly white traditional bi-folding doors. She's happy now.

Here's another closet door.

Barn doors.



Took down a broken TV to add this barn door. Discovered someone just painted around the TV / fireplace.

In 2020 I'm expecting doors to open for me. They hear me knock'n.


In 2014 I was working on a project and it required me to make a cold call to a person. The drive would take over an hour on a windy, rainy cold November morning. When I arrived I found a building where there was hundreds of doors, with connecting hallways and no identification on any of them. No signs of any kind identifying a department and nobody there to ask. No phone number to call for directions. I walked around this massive complex for over an hour and just as I was about to give up I see something on a wall near a door. It's her name. She's the only one in the entire building with her name on her door. On the drive there this song came on the radio and it fit my experience perfectly--lead me to your door.





No comments:

Post a Comment