Friday, May 17, 2019

A Tim Conway SE

On May 13th I walked into a Barnes & Noble book store and purchased Carol Burnett's most recent book--In Such Good Company. I purchased it as a gift for my wife's birthday on May 15th, or 16th, (The queen has two birthdays.) Her and her family have always celebrated it on the 15th, but her birth certificate says 16th. The family has no idea why it was always celebrated on the 15th so she now gets two birthdays. I haven't read the book but in thumbing through it. Carol describes the various characters that have been on her show and explains some of the skits that were performed.

One of the main characters on the show is Tim Conway. 

On May 14th one or two days before my wife's birthday I presented the book to her around 10:30am. She was thrilled. We poured ourselves an early beer and talked about some of the funny skits that were ran. We laughed about the crazy skits that Tim Conway was in and how nobody could be in a skit with him without laughing through it especially Harvey Korman. Shown here laughing in a skit with Tim.


Soon after our first beer we discovered that Tim had just died just hours before I presented my wife with the book. A rolling synchronicity moment. Tim is now in the spirit world were he no doubt is teaming up again with Harvey Korman. Thanks for the many laughs Tim and enjoy the afterlife.




No comments:

Post a Comment