Monday, November 5, 2018

Ghost Wood

Ghost wood is wood that usually ends up on top of a fire similar to us humans when we've reached the end. However, the wood doesn't have to end and be turned to ash. It can be turned to unique furniture such as a stereo cabinet, or make a nice wall back drop.

I recently tore down my 34-year-old cedar fence. Instead of burning it I used it. I first made a stereo cabinet for my garage. The handles of the cabinet are made out of driftwood that I brought back from Moclips Washington.



There's a story that goes with the stereo. When I was sixteen in 1976 I asked my dad if I could borrow $200 to buy a stereo. He told me to go to the bank. I went to the bank and they told me to go to my dad. My dad then came to the bank and the three of us worked it out and I bought this stereo. It's been stored for about 25 years but it works.



It has three drawers that hold all of my CD's. I'm aware that CD's are out dated but it's a part of my musical history and I was heavily into collecting at one time. As you can see there is no CD player. There were no CD's in 1976 so naturally it wasn't a part of the entire system. The CDS player broke--skipped no stop. I trashed it. I'm buying a new one, or used new one.



I added a wine holder. Bottles displayed are all empty. I'm showing how many it took me to build this. On the bottom left are record albums. Half of my collection are distributed amongst friends. "Hey can I borrow an album." It never returns. But, I found a Poco album with an old friends name on it. Tit for tat.



The above picture shows the backdrop with a dart board. The dartboard is in kind of a cove. The picture also shows more of the backdrop. I've had numerous neighbors stop by and all of them seem to love it. I'm not done but I ran out of wood. I'm suppose to get more today to complete this garage project.

Project time = Six full days
Cost = $10.00 for hardware--hinges and screws and nails
The song playing on the radio when I took this picture =The Glorious Sons--Sawed off shotgun




No comments:

Post a Comment