Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Tombstone Arizona--Big Nose Kate's

On December 21st 2016 my wife and I checked into the Wyatt hotel in Tombstone Arizona. It's been six weeks since the start of the spirits. I've been running my recorder nearly every night and still trying to make sense of it all. I wanted a break--needed a break. Arizona in the winter sounded nice. We've been to Phoenix numerous times over the years. There's something about the wild west that attracts me.

We didn't want to return to Phoenix so basically I just pulled up a map of Arizona and pointed and said we'll go here. I pointed to Bisbee Arizona. An old mining ghost town. Am I jumping from the frying pan into the fire? Yes, but what the hell. I'll eventually do a write up on Bisbee because it captured a host of ghosts and a shitload of witch spirits.

I picked the hotel primarily because of it's name. I'd read numerous books on Wyatt Earp so I was excited to see Tombstone in person. The hotel is only a few hundred yards away from the shoot out. The building looks like it was taken out of a Hollywood studio and plunked down in Tombstone.



There are three rooms. The main room faces the street and has a huge balcony.


This was our room, but we didn't sleep much in it if at all. The creep factor was high. The room was massive. Maybe the biggest hotel room I've ever stayed in.



Note ceiling fan blade. The fan is not on.



A king size bed enough for two people and a few ghosts. I later learn after reviewing the audio that we needed a king size bed.



On the night we booked our trip which was on December 7th, 2016 I ran my recorder. It was placed on the window seal. That night it captured guns. Numerous guns and a female spirit calling my wife's name--Gaynor. We are both asleep. The audio is below.
Gun shoot out

Audio graph with translated spirit voices.


I had plans to take the audio with me to Tombstone and see if I could get a gun expert there to tell me what type of guns they are. What if the spirits some how captured the audio from the shoot out and dubbed it on my recorder? Can they do that? I'd need to know what type of guns they were. I know the last one is a shot-gun. The story says that Doc Holliday took a shot gun with him. Did it capture Doc's gun going off? I know for certain that it wasn't anyone in my neighborhood. I can rule that out. And any of my neighbors who happen to read this would agree.

We arrived in Tombstone from Bisbee late--around 5pm. I'd have no time to search out anyone to listen to the audio. Our plans were to enjoy a couple of glasses of wine and then head over to Big Nose Kate's saloon and have a few drinks at the famous bar where Wyatt, his brothers and Doc Holliday once drank from. Big Nose Kate was a prostitute and also Doc Holliday's girlfriend. She got her name because she was always getting her nose in everybody's business.


 It was around 8pm when we got to Kate's. We were told, "No food." The cooks are done for the night. We discovered there aren't many places to eat in this town after eight.



The bartender was a female with a gun in a holster strapped around her waist. A Colt 45 I believe. I sat next to an older man. A famous man I would learn because he was going to tell me all about himself.


And it would be this man who does the audio review and tells me what type of guns I captured on my recorder. How's that for just a coincidence? I learn from him that he once was a college professor in a big time university. I can't remember the name of it now, but it was one of the big ones. He taught physics. Tough subject. His wife was also a college professor. What a smart household. He mentioned to me that I may know his ancestry as well. Who? How? Is he related to Wyatt? That was my thinking. He asked me if I ever heard of the Thompson sub machine gun. Of course I had. The Bonnie and Clyde gun. Also known as the "Tommy Gun."

I actually held this gun once. Here's a picture of me as a young machinist pointing a fully loaded Thompson sub machine gun at the controller of a CNC milling machine. Make good parts or else.



So I knew about this gun. He tells me that his family designed and manufactured the gun. The bartender concurred and said he made all the bullets in her holster. He knows guns. I told him about my audio and asked him if he'd be willing to listen to it and tell me what type of guns they are. He agreed and took my iPhone outside. He was out there awhile repeatedly playing it. After a few minutes I went out to see what was going on. He handed me the phone and said they are rifles and the last gun is a shot gun. Damn. The story doesn't fit. Wyatt and his brothers have pistols. I sit back down next to him disappointed. I then ask him if its possible that Wyatt and his brothers would have also carried a rifle to the shoot out. He looked at me kind of strange and I thought I just asked the smartest man I'd ever met the stupidest question. I wasn't sure I wanted to hear his response.
"It's debatable," was his response. I couldn't believe it. Here's a resident of Tombstone who knows the story far better than me and he's telling me there's a chance. A chance that the guns captured on my recorder are indeed the guns from the actual shoot out. I was elated.

I asked the bartender if she has any ghost stories of Big Nose Kate's. I mentioned that I'd seen the Ghost Adventurers show where they investigated here. She said Zak Bagans was a real asshole and she refused to talk to him so he made a bunch of bullshit up. Most of the show is scripted anyway. She told me one night she was working and just she and the gentleman sitting next to me were there. He goes to the bathroom and while he's gone all of the bottles of alcohol along with the glasses comes off the shelf and onto the floor. He validates her story. She said, but the funny thing is none of the alcohol bottles broke only the glass mugs.



That's it for Kate's. Next Tombstone write up will be about our night and the activity in our room. There was plenty of it.

Click HERE to get to the next write up on this haunted trip to Tombstone Arizona.





No comments:

Post a Comment